1. What is your dance background, and how did the idea for Dance Teacher Press come about?
I began taking ballet in the 1960’s. Since then I have always been taking and or teaching ballet. After years of teaching I organized all of my notes on my computer. My notebook became an indispensible tool for class planning. I used my own notebook so much I thought that other ballet teachers would like it too. Hence The Ballet Combination Book became my first publication and Dance Teacher Press was born.
2. What types of products do you carry?
Dance Teacher Press has a variety of educational and fun teaching tools for dancers. Books for students and teachers, posters, coloring sheets, flashcards, banners, wallpaper, and gifts.
3. What is unique about the things you offer your customers?
My products teach the terminology needed in dance, and reinforce positive characteristics such as hard work and discipline.
4. What are your most popular items?
Ballet Step by Step – an illustrated ballet dictionary for students, The Ballet Combination Book, Reproducible Ballet Coloring Sheets, and the Ballet Essentials Poster Sets have been my most popular.
5. Who should consider shopping at Dance Teacher Press?
Anyone needing some new ideas for stimulating students to learn, enjoy, and progress in dance.