Just a quick update on an interesting space for dance in Chicago…
The Chicago Human Rhythm Project (CHRP) announced a new arts facility, the American Rhythm Center (ARC), which will be located in Chicago’s Fine Arts Building at 410 S. Michigan Avenue. This space will feature a collaborative business model, with the aim of offering diverse, high-quality dance and movement classes while centralizing the education programs, rehearsal space and administrative offices of some of the core groups.
Some of the groups that will be participating include:
- Cerqua Rivera Dance Theatre
- Chicago Chinese Cultural Institute
- Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestras (already in residence at the Fine Arts Building)
- Giordano Dance Chicago
- Kalapriya, Center for Indian Performing Arts
- Luna Negra Dance Theater
- Ping Pong Productions, which facilitates collaborations between Chinese and international artists
- River North Dance Chicago (studio space to expand educational programs)
To learn more about the timetable for this project or to find out more information visit the web page or contact Program Manager, Bridget Rodgers, at bridget(at)chicagotap.org.