Intern Position for 4dancers.org
Thank you for your interest in our intern position at 4dancers.org. This is an unpaid position, but there are perks. These include:
- A full page bio/photo listing on the site, along with links to your blog, website and social media accounts.
- Exposure. 4dancers.org is a well-known blog in the dance community and we have a wide readership of dancers, dance teachers and others in the dance field.
- Experience and training. You will gain valuable experience and we will train you in areas you are interested in.
Please take a look at the list of duties we are looking to find a match for below. We are currently asking for a time commitment of 1 to 2 hours per week, so we understand that you will not be able to do all of the things on this list. What we are hoping to do is bring on several interns and connect them with things that they enjoy doing. Please let us know which of the items below interest you. Send the items back along with a resume and a few paragraphs about your life in dance so that we may fully consider your participation. If one of the areas you seek to fill is writing-related, a writing sample would be great as well if you have one available. Please know that if you have interest in a certain area but no experience, we will still consider training you for it. Please feel free to suggest additional areas if you do not see them covered below.
- Social media/Twitter. Duties include tweeting, #ff posts and outreach.
- Social media/Facebook. Duties include posting interesting news or YouTube videos on 4dancers Facebook page and outreach.
- Link building. Reaching out to other dance sites to request a link swap with 4dancers.
- Research. Scouting out new dance blogs and other related sites on the web. Other duties as assigned.
- Interview assistance. Duties include contacting interview subjects on the behalf of 4dancers, sending questions via e-mail and formatting interviews for the blog.
- Press list. Compilation of e-mail press list from LinkedIn group and other sources.
- Video research. Investigation of new and interesting videos from YouTube and other sources. Investigation of DVDs and other video material.
- Book research. Investigation of dance-related publishers, authors, books and periodicals.
- Music research. Investigation of dance CDs, digital downloads and other dance-related materials.
- Reviews. Reviews can be for any dance-related product assigned.
- Posts. Interns may suggest post topics to write or be assigned topics by the editor.
Please send your list of desired areas and bio/resume/writing sample to: info (at) 4dancers (dot) org Place “Intern” in the subject line. Thank you.
We will be making a selection as to who will be coming on board by November 1st. Only those who are being asked to join us at this time will be contacted–all other other resumes will be kept on file in case we can find a spot for you down the line.
Thank you again for your interest in 4dancers!